Synonym:EPIANDROSTERONE;481-29-8;Epi-Andro;TRANS-ANDROSTERONE;3beta-Androsterone;3-Epiandrosterone;3-Hydroxyandrostan-17-one;D-epiandrosterone;NSC 93996;METHYL MASTERDROL;
Appearance:white to off-white crystalline powder
Usage:it will cause an increase in strength, and it will help maintain muscle mass
Description:Epiandrosterone, also called Epi-Andro, is an androgenic steroid hormone, which is a natural metabolite of DHEA and converts to Dihydrotestosterone (DHT). Known in the fitness world as a prohormone, it is considered a precursor to stanolone, but this simply means that epiandrosterone converts to DHT in the body. Epi-andro is naturally found in most mammals, and it is excreted as a normal part of metabolism when we urinate. In fact, it is also naturally found in pine pollen.
1. Epiandrosterone is a naturally occurring steroid synthesized in the adrenal cortex, gonads, brain, and gastrointestinal tract.
2. It is less active than androsterone and excreted in small amounts in normal human urine.
3. Epiandrosterone is a metabolite of the most abundant adrenal androgenic steroid in young adult humans, but is not completely inactive and is considered an effector as well.
4. Epiandrosterone is a precursor or substrate for cytochrome P450 species and enzymes (EC 126.96.36.199, 25-hydroxycholesterol 7alpha-hydroxylase) that produce 7alpha- and 7beta-hydroxylated metabolites in the human brain and other organs.
5. These 7-hydroxylated derivatives exert anti-glucocorticoid and neuroprotective effect.