Product Name:Alfalfa Extract
Latin Name :Medicago sativa
Extracted Part: Flower
Active Ingredient : Total Flavone
Specification : 5% 20% 50%
Appearance : Yellow Brown Fine Powder
Package details : 25kg/drum with two plastic-bags inside or as your requirement
Alfalfa extract has been used by the Chinese since the sixth century to treat kidney stones, and to relieve fluid retention and swelling. It is a perennial herb that grows throughout the world in a variety of climates. Alfalfa grows to about 3 feet and has blue- violet flowers that bloom from July to September.
First discovered by the Arabs, they dubbed this valuable plant the "father of all foods". They fed alfalfa to their horses claiming it made the animals swift and strong. The leaves of the alfalfa plant are rich in minerals and nutrients, including calcium, magnesium, potassium, and carotene (useful against both heart disease and cancer). Leaf tablets are also rich in protein, vitamins E and K. Alfalfa extract is used by food makers as a source of chlorophyll and carotene.
(1) In several studies, alfalfa supplementation reduced blood cholesterol levels, particularly for individuals with a specific kind of high cholesterol known as type II hyperlipoproteinemia .
(2)It contains natural fluoride that may help rebuild tooth decay and strengthen the tooth enamel.
(3) Alfalfa can increase the ability of blood to clot after an injury. Aspirin delays clotting, so taking alfalfa could interfere with the anticoagulant effects of aspirin
(4) Alfalfa extract offers a concentrated source of several micronutrients, or vitamins and minerals.
(5) Alfalfa extract appears to cause slight reductions in blood sugar levels
(6) Alfalfa extract may offer benefits to women suffering from hormonal imbalances, infertility and problems with lactation